Monday, September 24, 2007

How was your weekend?

Hello,

Here is an update. Again I am still trying to get our new routine worked out lol. What do you think of my new look? I thought this new title was a good fit ha!

We all had a pretty good weekend. Honey Nut and Trix both grew out of their pants, and jammies so this weekend was a shopping weekend. I was wondering...how come it is that they get to a certain size and the price of their clothes DOUBLES or TRIPLES? I used to be able to get my daughter several pairs of jeans for 10 bucks, this weekend it was 20 dollars ON SALE!That was for jeans that looked like jeans. Is it just me or are the new look of the jeans "dirty looking" I think the "worn" look is what they are going for.. but personally as a former owner of acid wash jeans(come on you know you still wear them or at least own them in the back of your closet...how about a pair of parachute pants?) I feel more then qualified to judge the jeans they are wearing nowadays and to be honest these jeans are uglier then the pre- ripped jeans that were so popular. I was looking at these jeans that were on sale for the bargain price of 48.50 per pair, and finding myself trying to keep from gagging. Ok at the risk of sounding like a valley girl..."Like Gag me with a silver spoon","as if", "I am so sure" these jeans flat out looked dirty and dingy. In fact in my younger much more immature days my friends and I used to secretly make fun of the kids wearing jeans that looked like that...it meant that they were poor, or just dirty. Ok so obviously I don't do that anymore and am apalled if I catch anyone of my children making fun of another child...but I cannot believe that people would wear these jeans let alone pay for that. Oh well I guess I am offically old.

Trix is at an akward fitting stage where one size does not really fit ..it is either too big or too small. he needs an in-between size. Poor kid.
Other then shopping and spending way more then I wanted to this weekend...we had a nice one. Hubs and I thought it would be fun to do a "Fondue night" on Saturday for dinner. The kids had a blast dipping their dinner, and dipping their fruit and chocolate fondue dessert. Plus we let them eat in the family room while watching a movie...this is never allowed. So this was a big treat for them.

In other news. Church was great on Sunday and the big news is that Trix who has been having trouble with his sensory issues and behaving in class finally filled his sticker chart enough to earn the right to move up to his big sisters sunday school class! He has worked so hard. I prayed and prayed all through church and even though there was about 5 or 6 numbers that I saw come up on the screen his was NOT one of them! He was so proud! Bless his little heart. He is finally entering his easier time of the year. He has a hard time with spring and summer. Fall and Winter is his best time for attitude, senses not going on overload, and for his learning. He does most of his learning this time of year. :) I concentrate hard on his schoolwork now. Plus all his occupational therapy is starting up again. My goal this year is to get him up to a level where he can start the online school program I just started Honey Nut and Lucky Charms in.

To that note and I know this is getting long but I will try to wrap up. The new schooling program I am using for homeschooling is virtual school online where the district sends me all the materials I need and instructions and I do the teaching and the kids send their work into cyberspace. Because it runs through a public school district there is no cost to me except for some of the extra supplies. It goes the way i feel public school should go in that "I" decide what level the kids are at, and they take an assessment as well when they are ready to move up. They do not move to the next level until THEY are ready too...not when the "school" says they should lol. So it is kind of the best of both worlds for me. Hubs is happy because the records are all through there and even though he supports me in homeschooling more then last year lol. He is no longer asking me every month if I still want to homeschool and he is seeing the positive effects of bringing the kids home and how they are much better behaved, closer, and less stressed. It has been a postive thing for all of them but especially for Trix and his sensory issues. I am able to work at his pace and not force him into situations he is not ready for and here he is not labeled a "resource room child" or a "sensory behavior problem child".

Ok well this is what happens when I wait so long to post I have to put so much into it that it takes forever to read lol. If you read this far here is a cyber cookie, brownie for you...it is fat free for those on the "tales from the scales" diet lol.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to see little Trix so excited to move up! Now he is a big boy!! My little one just loves Lucky Charms (or is it Honey Nut?) anyway, she wants her to come over to play :) our house is in a state of remodel right now, but I anticipate it will be done someday....

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new look is great. Thanks for the update. I am glad the homeschooling is going so well.

    ReplyDelete