Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy Monday and pics...




Well hope everyone's weekend went well. I have kind of taken a break from blogging with the exception of the 3 posts I posted on the fourth last week. I hope everyone had a great fourth. We did. Our neighborhood has a huge block party and fireworks so we went out and sat out and watched the fireworks. Hubs bbq'd too and he is sooo good at that.

So last weekend (not the one we just passed the one before that) was my birthday and so my parents took the kids for the day and Hubs and I went to a baseball game, that was so fun and relaxing except I got burned! But otherwise we went out to dinner too.

This past weekend Honey Nut went to camp with our church. I am very happy for her that she gets this time to know God better and have fun with her girlfriends,but since it is her first time away I of course miss her. She will be back Wednesday evening which works out to only 3 nights 4 days but as far as I am concerned that is a long time. I am such a sap. I know this is a great opportunity for her though. She is really growing up fast! She is especially excited to go because they have a "chills and frills" workshop there with all the makeovers, etiquette, beauty tips, and fluff a girl can handle. I just know she will have great things to tell me when she gets back. Until then I will continue to pray this is a good experience for her.

So back to my bday. I got two bday presents from hubs and the kids they totally spoiled me this year! I asked for and received a sewing machine. Don't you just love the pink? It is so me. lol I have been having trouble finding clothes for my 8 year old daughter that cover her rear end lol. So I wanted to get a sewing machine and make her some cute dresses I saw. I also received a new rice cooker...make that a multifunction cooker. Yes you read that right I got not one but two appliances for my bday and loved them both! lol I am one of those weird people who likes things like that. My mom says I am nuts, she also says if my dad ever gets her an appliance for a gift she will club him over the head iwth it lol. I guess he learned because they have been married 35 years and he has no bumps on his head lol.

so I am posting pics of my two presents and also the new gazeebo we just put up on the back deck. I really like it. I had been thinking about it for awhile and then saw over on HsKubes Haven at home blog (http://hskubes.blogspot.com/) where they just got one and she and her children put it together on their own. I will say after setting ours up with Hubs in the hot sun and having some difficulty with it I am IMPRESSED! lol. You should check out her blog anyway she has the cutest little family!

Well that is us in a nutshell lately. I will write more when I can. Been busy this summer with extra daycare kids etc.

till next time
The Cheerio Queen

3 comments:

  1. Love the pink sewing machine.

    I am glad you had a nice birthday.

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. How nice to have dinner with your beloved.
    I, too, love the pink sewing machine. How cute!
    Great job on the gaezebo. That thing was real, um, "interesting" putting up, huh? lol It was hard work but we are enjoying it now. I'm sure y'all will enjoy yours.

    Enjoy the rest of your week ~
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I LOVE the new gazebo, it looks really nice and will be such a treat to close those bugs out I bet. How nice to get something you really wanted on your birthday, I'm sure it will serve you well. ;-)

    Just wanted to let you know that before long I will be sending you some "good mail".

    ReplyDelete