Wednesday, July 4, 2007

ok one more post today...

I know it is a celebration and not memorial day lol but you those of you who have read my blog for awhile have seen me type about my cousin "brother in my heart" before who we lost to the war in January so patriotic days are bittersweet for me and our family especially his wife and son.Mainly because it is all so new and raw to us. But I thought you would like to see a face with the name. This is a video clip I finally got recently and this was played at his memorial. The pictures in this slideshow tell it all...he is exactly who you see in the pics. :) He was a father, husband, brother, cousin, nephew, son, soldier, warrior and most importantly to our family he was our hero so instead of mourning him I am going to post this video to celebrate his sacrifice for our freedom...besides if he were here he would be telling me to quit whining and suck it up anyway haha.


Sarge...we love you and miss you dearly but are so glad and blessed that you are in a better place. :)


4 comments:

  1. wow...that was very touching. The photo of him with his son...the smiles pouring over their faces...that was so sweet and is one picture I'm sure that little boy will treasure for the rest of his life.

    I hope he grows up knowing what a HERO his Dad is.

    Thank you for sharing.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. That was very touching.

    Thanks for the reminder that these men and women have faces and families.

    I think to many of us forget that sometimes.

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so touching... thanks for sharing.

    I never knew you had a blog! Hey, and my princess is in a cabin with your Cheerio at camp!! I miss 'em....

    ReplyDelete
  4. littlehappyone,

    thanks! Yep Jessica got me hooked on blogging! so who is your little princess? I was going to email you but you have a noreply email lol.

    ReplyDelete