Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Blog...

Welcome to my blog.

Here is a little about me. I am a busy wife and mommy first and foremost. Second I have a home daycare, and am slowly building a organizing business. This is still a work in progress. I also homeschool my children. In between all this I do laundry, housework, cook, and double as a chauffer driver. Do I do all these perfectly ....NO WAY. :) But I try.

I took up blogging again (I used to have another one) because I like the idea of writing things down as they go in my life. It is fun to look back at what I have journaled thus far thinking that I remember everything. I don't. So I thought this would be a good idea. Plus it is fun to have a blog where I can commiserate with other like minded people in this crazy busy world of parenting.

Let's go back to the business thing. I have been a daycare owner for 4.5 years and my background is in Early childhood education. I have been a preschool teacher, Sunday school teacher, daycare teacher, babysitter, and parent. I sometimes feel as though I am chasing an elusive PHD in parenting that does not exist. I am however having a great time chasing it. In any case as much as I love having a home daycare I was getting burnt out and tried to close a couple years ago. However some of the families just did not want to leave and then recommended me to their friends which is flattering. Plus Hubby's job was downsizing and we needed the money so I have kept it up. I have 3 full time kids all adorable little girls. Two of the girls are sisters and the other girl is the best friend of the oldest sister. I also have one part time little guy who is best buddies with my youngest boy so it works. But I know eventually these girls will grow up and leave daycare. So in the mean time I am building my professional organizing biz. It will take time and right now that is ok because daycare allows me to be able to stay home and homeschool the kids.

Well that is all for tonight the troops are hungry and keep staring at me as if they expect me to actually feed them. Wow demanding little things aren't they? haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment