Friday, August 10, 2007

working out and other odds and ends


So I am officially back on my new eating plan, and working out again. I was doing the talesfromthescales.net thing but then life got in the way...or rather I got tired and lazy and used a hectic life schedule (or non schedule) as an excuse to slack off. then you know how it goes after that...oh well I cheated already and I will always be this way since I did not lose 50 pounds the first day so I may as well forget it. Then I saw some pics of me this summer at the zoo with the kids...wow. That was eye opening can you say MOOO???? I also was more motivated after I realized after a cleaning out my closet frenzy that I only have about 3 outfits that fit comfortably and one of those outfits has to be shirts that cover my bum? I never was the girl who had to do that...not that i want to show off my bum anyway..but still realizing how bad and B-I-G it looks without it being covered is what bothered me. That and only having 3 outfits that fit. This is also the first summer ever that I can recall in my life that I did not feel comfortable wearing shorts...this year it was because of the way my legs are right now...flabby...ususally i put off wearing shorts because i am so pasty pale...but with that I can go get that spray on tan lol. Seriously it is pathetic. I could tan people with the glow off my white legs. But I digress.


I have been reading some of those weight watcher success stories for some inspiration, and then also I have a few other inspirations that i would like to talk about here. First is my mom who joined a body building competition (as a grandma of 5) to use as her goal for losing weight. She lost quite a bit but even at her biggest she was never really that big. But she went for it and really did well, the second is my friend Jessica she lost quite a bit as well although I always was convinced the girl was 85 pounds soaking wet but she is short (don't worry Jess good things come in little packages :)) She showed me her before and after pics in fact they are on her blog but you have to go through the archives to find her story...and there was a difference...but I will say she is so cute no matter what. ;) you can see her story and check out her funny blog if you click on the "jess cagle" link on my right side of this blog. I have two more inspiring people but I am only going to tell you about one today because this is getting long lol. I will talk about the other one tomorrow. :) I will also detail my plan tomorrow. But this motivation and inspirational person is a fellow blogger i have gotten to know through her blog "just a mom that's more than enough" .


Jan is an incredible lady who has dealt with a lot in her life and always manages to smile and find the humor in everything! She has had an amazing transformation in her weight loss. She described herself when she started as looking like an "egg with legs" and has gone on to lose about 70 pounds so far I think...and she has done it very quickly! You have to check out her blog to see her story but she is very open about it, and very candid. I am very much in awe of her determination despite all the other things she does. She is also a beautiful artist. really she is she paints some great things! Jan has gotten on her treadmill every day since april or may I think...and she has slowly increased her workout routine, she has cut out a lot of stuff, realized that she felt better, and is doing this in the name of trying to get healthy for herself but to be there for her husband and kids. Oh and her kids are adorable! here is the link to her blog: http://just-a-mom-thats-more-than-enough.blogspot.com/


I will finish this everlasting long post tomorrow....if you have read this far here is a fat free, sugar free, but still yummy tasting cyber brownie for you. :)


till next time,

the soon to be slim cheerio queen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I know that it's really hard to stay steady, especially when everyone else in the family is eating the fun stuff and we are watching every bite, but it pays off in the end. I love your blog and I know that you will work out a great plan and it will come along.

    Blessings to you and I hope that your weekend is fantastic, calm and wonderful,

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell off the diet wagon too but am back on.

    I can't tell myself I am on a diet. For some reason that sends panic down my spine and I start craving things I would not have even cared about the day before.

    So, I am just trying to watch what I eat and make better choices. So far I am down 6 pounds. Only 40 more to go!!!

    I am rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete