Friday, October 19, 2007

Decisions Decisions....

Lately my life has been full of decisions. It seems no matter what I do I have to make 35 billion different decisions a day...and hubby still cannot figure out why I get frustrated when he comes home and says "whats for dinner I don't want to decide" grrr. lol I know all this comes with being a mom and wife and I am not the only one on the planet who makes deicsions all day. However I have been into making some big LIFE decisions. God has been doing an awful lot of "overhauling" in our family. With it has come new decisions etc.

For me personally I have been feeling serious callings to do lots of things when my own schedule is already full. I have been cranky, over tired, frustrated, no real fun to be around, and irritable. Just ask my hubs and kiddos. They have taken a lot of "cranky mommy" lately. Before you ask no it is not just a "certain time of month" lol. I just reached that point lately where you feel like you are doing everything but at the same time not really doing anything at all. Does that make any sense? I think a lot of us mom's feel that way. I have gotten to the point where my career as a daycare owner is no longer a career but just flat out a boring job that I am starting to resent. I feel as if my own children are with me all day but never get to really see or spend time with me. So after much consideration and juggling of finances I finally made one huge decision. I am closing my daycare in June. I wanted to give the parents time to find new care but specifically one of my families has a child with special needs and it will take them a long time to find a caregiver. Personally I will miss all the daycare kids, however on another level I have to say that for the first time in quite awhile "I FEEL GREAT"!

I feel great that I will be able to work with my own kids again, not to mention get my house back lol. I feel great to know that i will be able to work with Trix on his issues more. All 3 of my sweeties have been complaining for a few months now that they are tired of sharing mommy and I don't blame them.
You are probably wondering if I have come up with anything new for a career that I can actually work around my kids..why yes I have...but you will have to stay tuned for that revelation later I am still putting finishing touches on it!


As for a weekly update...this week has been busy and has flown by. Yesterday we had a windstorm that while it was consistenly stronger then normal, was not quite the "tornado" the news made it out to be. It was enough to knock out power and screw up traffic, as well as keep the kids excited. We turned it into a homeschool lesson on nature, hubs had the camera so I could not take the darling picture I saw yesterday. THe kids all lines up in kitchen chairs in front of the back door drawing and writing their observations on the windstorm! It was darling to see them laughing their little hearts out as the wind whisked away the flag on the 10th green of the golf course we live on lol. Afterwards when we lost power and all the daycare kids had gone home we decided to go to the store, and get some firewood and stuff for smores and we made those in the fireplace in the living room where we ate our dinner too. This was a huge treat for the kids as they never get to eat in there but they loved it.

Hope you all had a great week!
The Cheerio Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment