Wednesday, October 24, 2007

wordy Wednesday...


I was going to do Wordless Wednesday but anyone who knows me understands that me and the phrase "no words or no talk" do NOT go together. lol I wanted to post these this pic of Trix and Daddy mowing the lawn yesterday it was so precious! He loves to mow with daddy and waited by the window all afternoon until Daddy came home. At first Hubs mentioned the mower would not start and he had to work on it a bit but Trix waited patiently for him to get it started. Yes you read that right...Patiently. Normally the word patient and Trix go together like oil and water but that is not the case lately. You see those vitamin supplements coupled with him going off dairy or (either/or) seems to be leading him to be calmer and much more focused! It was such a gradual change that I did not notice at first until he went to OT at the school the other day and the OT asked me if he was on ritalin now. I said no why? she said she got focus out of him and patience out of him she had not seen before and Trix told her he was taking a new medicine that was sweet. lol I explained to her that He is now taking : A multivitamin with a big immune booster, DHA oil (omega 3 fish oil) and most recently the passion flower. That is really strong but he is such a good sport about taking it. To me it smells yucky and does not look much better but he is taking it and I am really noticing a difference. I know the DHA helps as well for brain power, focus, behavior issues, etc. So far so good. Anything to keep him off medicine if I can.

It has been two weeks to the day that Trix went dairy free and also our whole family...we agreed to eliminate dairy from our diet as well in support of Trix. I have made a few recipes that everyone seems to like. I also just got a new cookbook titled cooking dairy free. I noticed our systems were "cleaning out" the last couple weeks...I was afraid everyone was sick but the nutritionist said no it is your body ridding itself of toxins and cleaning itself out. I also noticed another pleasant change as a result of going dairy free...I have lost about 3 pounds without dieting or exercise! That is always nice.

Otherwise things here are fine...the kids are doing well, hubs is having fun at work, he and I are saving for our trip to Vegas this January to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! Neither of us has ever been so we are excited.

To go with my post mainly being about our families diet I would like to link you to one of my favorite bloggers Katherine over at "raising five" http://raisingfive.blogspot.com/ She has a cool personality and I love how she is so humorous about the antics of raising five kids. She is definitely a cool mom in my book. Her blog today is about eating at home at what my kids call "the family table" lol do ya think they watch enough nick at nite? Anyway just go check out Katherine's blog you will be glad you did. :)

Ciao for now!
The Cheerio Queen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna!

    Thanks for your comment today so I could meet you here! I grew up in WA so your photos brought back lots of wet fall memories! Your kids are beautiful, and it sounds like you are doing a great job making tough decisions for your family (way to go!).

    Thanks for your sweet compliment, although my kids I'm sure would beg to differ about the "cool mom" part! (Is anyone who does laundry all day long "cool?")

    I'm looking forward to getting to know you more!

    Love,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete