Friday, December 28, 2007

My amazing husband....


My husband is AWESOME! We are going to be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year and he still sees me as the young bride he married, the one who wore a size 6, who used to care what she looked like. For Christmas he gave me an early anniversary present becuase well...he could not wait till our anniversary in two weeks (he is such a big kid)and he loves to spoil me. I would love to be noble enough to say that I don't like being spoiled just having a cool husband is great enough but hey...I do love to be spoiled although I don't require it. He started making noise about my wedding ring recently and wanted to know what size it was. I did not know but he asked me to take it off. I told him I have never ever taken it off and don't intend to now. However the truth was that I could not get it off. My fingers have swelled up since we got married and added three kids, and I love to cook so you do the math. I did not want to tell him that so I stuck to the excuse that I am superstitious. He was relentless though that it was not healthy to have a ring on my finger that I could not take off. He insisted we have a jeweler look at it. You guessed it the jeweler had to cut it off. That had to be a low point for me. He did not understand why I was teary eyed that they had to cut off my ring to resize it. He did not understand why I was mad at him for insisting that it come off it did not hurt and my plan was to get healthy so it would fit again. But then he came home a week later with a package for me, he said he had stopped and picked up the ring. I opened it and what he had really done was got me this new sparkly diamond wedding band! He also got my old ring back and did not have them resize it. He knew it meant a lot to me.Isn't he great?
So this year hubs was brave enough to get me the gym membership I asked for. Yes you read that right I asked for it. He looked positively terrified that I asked for that. I could see the wheels in his head spinning as he contemplated...is she really asking me for this seriously? Or is this something I go and get for her and she is going to suffocate me in my sleep with her tacky mom sweats on Christmas night? hmmmm. Over the next few weeks he would occasionally ask...are you sure that is what you want? When I replied yes each time he asked he raised an eyebrow at the baked goodies I somehow always seemed to be holding. Hey the kids helped me make them and did most of the work so I had to make sure their efforts were rewarded with them getting finished off didn't I? The truth is the reason I asked for the membership was because I have come to a point where I am so uncomfortable in my own skin I feel like I am wearing someone else's and I have no one to blame but myself. I could reason that we have had a lot of stress this year with hubs unexpected layoff, my taking on extra daycare kids to help out, Trix's seizure issues, losing a very close family member to war etc. ...BUT when it comes down to it...I just flat out did not take care of myself, I did not work out (I did for a month in August but then the weather turned cold), I did not watch what I ate and now when I look in the mirror I cringe. To me it does not look like me. I have had a few people tell me I am not as big as I think I am however they do not have to look at me when I get out of the shower. They are not the ones who feel yucky all the time like I do, I get colds now and they stick for a month, I feel sluggish and tired. So since I got myself into this position I have to get myself out of it. ;) My goal this time however is not necessarily to lose weight (although I want that to happen), my goal is to get healthy again. My kids deserve a Mom who is healthy, my husband deserves a wife who is healthy and active, and hey when your so out of shape that your arms get sore while you are holding them up in praise and worship in church something needs to be done about it. So I will use that for motivation over the next few months, I am going to start by detoxing from sugar. I hear it takes two to three weeks to completely detox so if I sound a bit crabby it is nothing personal...I am just detoxing. I guess instead of petitioning for chocolate to become it's own food group I should be petitioning for it to be labeled a narcotic. After all when something is labeled a comfort food how can we expect to not become addicted to it? I am not saying I will never eat another piece of it (I am not an extremist you know)but I suppose chocolate for breakfast is not the best way to get out of those tacky mommy sweats I have been pouring myself into...oops I mean wearing. For inspiration I will tape a picture of myself now to my fridge...do they still make those gadgets that make snorting pig noise when you open the fridge? If that does not work I have a couple blogs I will check out. Tales from the scales is a good one and even better I have a blogging friend named Jan over at Just a mom that's more then enough...and she is a real inspiration. Check out her blog for hot momma pics! she has worked so hard and looks fantastic. Considering she has a lot going on in her life she has not used it as an excuse and plugged on. Plus she is really funny. Another inspiration is my dear friend Jess. She also is in great shape and worked really hard at it. I will go look through her blog again and re read her story. Maybe instead of tivo'ing desperate housewives I will add the biggest loser to my lineup. :)

The Cheerio Queen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the very sweet props :).
    It's an up and down journey for me. I haven't worked out since Cancun and have eaten way too much over the holidays. So, you know....I still gain and lose and gain and lose. But, I am glad I can inspire you! :) I do still avoid sugar and white carbs tho(except on the holidays!) ...that is just kind of a life style thing for me.
    And I must say, this is the first time that I have ever read that praise and worship inspired someone to get in shape! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete