Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!...

Okay so I am a day late. But I have a good excuse...yesterday the kids and hubs and I spent a very hard day holding down the couch watching movies, and also we went to the park. So we were busy. :) We had such a nice day yesterday. Even though it was unbelievably cold and windy at the park we still had fun because we were the only ones there. I know of a park that is my favorite mainly because a lot of people don't know about it. There is hardly ever anyone there...and plus they have restrooms which is a must for little kiddos. Hubs and I even climbed onto the equipment and went down the slides with the kids. I actually had the bright idea that it would be fun to try and be the "cool mom" and go down the slide on my stomach...well that was fine until I got to the bottom and realized that there is nothing but woodchips underneath the slide and I had to put my hands down on it to roll off the slide and attempt to stand up again. lol I got a big splinter in my hand...but hey the kids thought it was funny so that is all that matters. Of course I do not have any pictures to show you because I forgot my camera at home...although I would have loved to show the pic of hubs sliding down head first on his back with feet up in the air down the slide but oh well you can just picture it in your own mind...STOP LAUGHING it is rude! haha. Just kidding.

Over the weekend in our quest to re-shuffle our finances, eat healthier, and save money we went and invested in an air popcorn maker. The kids think this is the coolest thing in the world since they LOVE popcorn and to see it being made without oil is pretty cool to them too. They are affordable, and much cheaper and healthier then the microwave kind. Although I of course had to test out a new homemade carmel corn recipe today...boy I could not believe how easy and cheap it was to make and I can already think of a way to make it healthier. I also made up some cheap trail mix with seasoned popcorn, pretzel sticks, nuts, raisins etc. It sure is fun trying out how to make the popcorn stay healthy but trying different flavors. :) It takes so little to make this blonde happy haha.

Hope you all are having a great week!
The Cheerio Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment