Friday, March 9, 2007

Don't drink out of that!!!

Ok so here are some musings from my week in Cherrio land. :)

Musing # 1
Today I went to the "urgent care" because I have had a cold that has not gone away in two weeks. they could not get me in time for me to take Trix to Occupational Therapy so I made an appt with the office part of the doc office and left. Keep in mind I had no time to drop off Honey Nut and Lucky Charms at their Great Grandma's and still make it to OT in time so I got to take all the kids with me! After that I went back to the doc and finally got seen...during this time I had gotten the kids some chips for a snack (I know real healthy but hey they gotta eat something and mcdonalds is too expensive anyways) anyway the kids were thirsty but I in my sinus headache wisdom forgot to get something for them to drink. I told them on the way out of the doc office we would see if we could find a water fountain...well Trix told me he had to use the restroom and I said ok...he went in and as I was cringing while standing on the scale to get my weight I heard him say oh how cute there is little cups in here for us to drink out of! I said the typical exasperated mommy phrase "that is nice sweetheart"...then it dawned on me cups in a doc bathroom???? Oh no! I went in to find Trix happily filling up a Urine sample cup full of water...it was like slow motion movies he was about to touch it to his lips just as I knocked it out of his hand. Ok so I probably over reacted it was a clean brand new cup after all but there is just something about the fact of what it is used for. EWWW! lol Poor Trix was upset. I smoothed it over by promising him a sip of Mommy's diet pepsi instead.

Musing #2
This one was from Lucky Charms. This kid has one talent...to woo and charm everyone and he is G-O-O-D at it. :) The other day he refused to eat his dinner. He is a picky eater and unless it involves, fries, chicken nuggets (dinosaur only), crackers, chips, mac and cheese, or scrambled eggs he is not interested. He rarely eats meat either. This is of great concern to his "meat and potatoes" Dad lol . Anyway we have two choices at our table...take it or leave it. I do not make special meals because then I am a resteraunt and I personally feel it gives too much control. Besides I grew up in a house like that and I am fine. Lucky charms eats fine at breakfast and lunch. I also am not a "you have to clean your plate parent" either All I ask is the kids each eat two bites of each thing on their plate. So I dont' think we ask to much. Well Lucky Charms did the whole...take a bite and pretend to gag until he makes himself sick routine...I also am not a sympathetic parent to that little tactic either if you do that at my table you get to clean it up not mommy. So he did not eat anything ok no problem except his discipline for it was no tv for the rest of the night...he only gets a half hour anyway by the time we do bath, jammies, teeth brush, story time, bible story etc. but needless to say he was unhappy with this decision and actually tried to "dare me to let him watch tv" lol, then after that did nto work and whining did not work he tried a new one...He came up to me with all honesty (if you saw this kids big hazel eyes and the way he uses them and his killer grin) and the following conversation ensued:

LC- Mommy I need to talk to you privately
M- Ok I am listening
LC- Mom I want you to be my best friend
M-(melting) well sweetie I want to be your friend too but i also have to be your Mommy
LC- can you be my mommy and my best friend?
M-yes but I still will make decisions as mommy that you may not like
LC- ok well that is fine
M-good I love you
LC-I love you too...but mommy?
M-yes
LC- Best Friends would let me watch tv and forgive me for not eating my dinner...I know God has. That is what he does He forgives me...can you? Be my best friend because my real best friend and real best mommy would let me watch tv.
M- trying unsuccessfully to keep from laughing ...I am sorry son but I have to follow through on my punishment. You do the crime you pay the time.
LC- suddenly changes from honest, charming loving son and friend to resembling an animal that has just been kicked in the behind...FINE I don't want to be your friend anyway.

Like I said this kid is Good! He finally fell asleep on the floor.

that is all for now! oh and thanks to the responses from everyone at the blog party! I love reading everyones blogs! what a great little community we have here!

for now
The Cheerio Queen

2 comments:

  1. Your kids sound like a lot of fun, and a lot like mine! I just dropped by via the blog party. Better late then never! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL! He's a pistol, alright. Sounds like he threw out every trick in the book. You okay after the Dr visit? Just LOVE sinus junk (not).

    ReplyDelete