Saturday, March 17, 2007

mystery parties and slings...

Yes that is really two things that the Cherrio Family dealt with yesterday lol!

Last night was the teacher appreciation dinner for church. It was fun! I was really excited to see they chose to do one of those mystery dinner parties...I had always wanted to attend one but never had. However they chose to do a star trek the next generation theme which is not my thing. lol I just am not a "trekkie" but it was fun though to go and see who at church is "trekkies" Those were the ones who came in costume etc. The food was great we had pasta and salad and garlic bread. It was decorated beautifully by someone in the church who is very talented at decorating. It was fun to fellowship with the other teachers. One of the most wonderful things about our church is the children's ministry. We have so many dedicated teachers and our two children's ministry directors are the nicest people you will meet and are so dedicated to running a wonderful program. They are AWESOME! Thanks to Tammy and Mike for a wonderful tme last night. That leads me into the second part of our day...last night was supposed to be "date night" for me and Hubs. He would have loved the star trek theme too that is right up his alley. However he messaged me yesterday from work saying he got hurt at work and was in pain. Huh??? He is a credit analyst who sits at a desk all day...not a construction worker, or police officer etc. so what could he possibly have done??

Turns out his work was having an office potluck (they always have potlucks and parties there) and he and a buddy of his had decided to participate in the three legged race. Well his friend started off on the wrong foot and then got going to fast and then tripped bringing down hubs with him. His friend merely fell into a wall no biggie...Hubs on the other hand fell into the table and chairs and wound up scraping up his knee but worse he bruised his shoulder really bad inside and wound up getting xrays and coming home in a sling, ace bandage, and with a prescription for vicodin and anti inflammatories! So for date night I went "stag" another term which just aged me about ten more years haha. He was stuck in Urgent Care till after I had to leave to go to the dinner...my parents were already here to watch the kids so he said go ahead and go. I went and felt bad so I left early and came home and looked at the poor pathetic lump that is normally my hot handsome husband sitting on the couch and being the sympathetic nurterer that I am I simply said " Gee if you wanted out of date night that bad you could have said so you did not have to go to such extremes" lol . He tried to laugh but it hurt poor guy.

So I put the kids to bed, went out to the new Carls Jr. resteraunt that they opened nearby and got him some dinner and then came home and crawled onto the couch next to him so he did not have to sleep alone. The doc says he has to sleep up against the back of the couch and not in a bed for a few days as to support it. Poor guy. I could not sleep so I popped in a movie I had rented awhile ago and had not seen yet. "The Notebook" ok I know every other woman in the world has lol. What a GREAT love story! 5 hankie movie.

till next time
Cheerio Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment