Monday, March 5, 2007

Welcome!

Alright I am going to try this one last time. I have had trouble with blogger before where I cannot log back into it...but it was mainly during the whole beta switch thing. So here I am trying one more time...heck maybe it was a blog thing lol! I even tried (gasp! another site) but I have so many blogger blogs that I read (I dare you to say that really fast three times lol)but I can never post on them so here I am again. :) I have also been reading the "blogger 101" series from Rocks in my Dryer and crew so I think I may have one that sticks!!

Here is an intro on me!
My name is The Cheerio Queen, or a lot of people know me as Jenny, Jen, or Jenna any variation of Jennifer will do. Just please don't refer to me as my first and middle name...the thoughts of what happened when I heard that combo as a child sends shivers down my spine. I was only called that when I was in REAL trouble! Luckily I did not hear that combo but a couple times in my childhood. :)
I grew up in a small town which is now quickly becoming a big urban town but here I am and I love my friends and family so I am staying. :)
I have been married 9 years to my wonderful hubby! We are finally in that comfortable stage in our relationship...we know each others thoughts, we know each others likes, dislikes, what buttons to push and not to push, he still makes me feel pretty after being together 10 years and that is after 3 little blessings which pushed and stretched out my once thin sticklike figure.
Together we do have 3 blessings which we have chosen to homeschool. Ok well I did with a little begrudging from hubs at first but he is seeing how good it is now. I won't say I don't have my days where I stop and wonder what was I thinking? But for the most part when that happens is about the time one of my 3 blessings will "get that hard math problem we have spent 5 weeks on" and when I see the light in their eyes I know in my heart I made the right decision. For me personally there is such joy in seeing that light in my kids eyes. I guess you could call me selfish when I say I don't want to share that with anyone else other then hubs. I believe for me personally God's plan for me was to homeschool all along and it is him that I look to for guidance when I feel stressed and or blue. Thank goodness I have both God and Hubs for encouragement!
Let's talk for a minute about those three blessings. I will call them something else on here to protect their identity. I don't like to be paranoid but heck we all know that there is some strange people on the internet and who knows who can read things. Those who know me personally will know which one I am talking about by the description :)
Since my blog name is Cheerio Queen (I will explain that in a bit)I will describe them by cereals. :)
First we have Honey Nut Cheerio : She is my oldest and first born child. I chose this because you can always count on finding honey nut cheerios. It is a pretty reliable brand of cereal to find. That is my daughter . Reliable, always helpful, she is obsessed lately with trying to eat healthy and protect her heart (I guess us co-leaders in her brownie troop went a little overboard with the eat healthy stay healthy badge huh?), she is passionate about horses, and animals in general but especially horses. All her friends know that Honey Nut is the "horse fanatic". She has a big heart and is always trying to do nice things for others, she is my social bumblebee just like that bumble bee on the box. She is just like a honeynut cheerio...very mellow with a touch sweetness. Sure she has her times when she can be more intense and sensitive like a clump of honey nut cheerios with extra honey on it. But I would not have it any other way. :)
Second we have Trix: He is my first born son. He fits the trix description because he has a lot of different "flavors" to him. He is both sweet and fruity, but he can also be moody and intense, if he does not get enough one on one attention such as cereal left in milk for a period of time then he can become soft and fragile. Trix has Sensory Integration disorder. It is one he was born with and one a lot of people don't understand. A lot of people look at him sometimes and see a kid who is acting like a baby. That is because he is behind developmentally and so even though Trix is 6 years old he is really more about age 4.5 ...what a lot of people don't know is he is going to grow out of it with the right therapy. He is in occupational therapy to help define his fine motor skills better, and also his social skills. Also with Sensory issues like he has it affects everyone differently. Some kids have sensory issues and have feeding tubes (like a little boy I currently babysit for) and some kids like Trix are just a little behind the game and will eventually get caught up. Raising him is sometimes very frustrating, however most of the time it is a Joy! You won't find a happier kid anywhere, Trix loves cars, he loves playing on the trampoline outside, and is most of the time a real easy going kid..unless he is on sensory overload or in one of his moods. Trix is a kid who needs a lot of one on one time...that is part of why I homeschool him. He is proof to me just how much God thinks I am capable. He would not have blessed me with this child if he did not think I could handle it. Through Trix I have learned a lot of patience I did not used to have. I have learned that just when I think I have reached my limits and cannot stretch anymore then he pushes me a little farther to show me I can. for that I am grateful.
Last but not least we have : Lucky Charms...he is my third child and second son! Lucky Charms is exactly what the name suggest...very charming, very sweet..sometimes overly sweet (especially when he just got caught putting something in the heating vent) and sometimes stubbornly gets into everything such as when you dump a box of Lucky charms and three months later you step on one of those hard marshmallows you thought you picked up three months earlier. :) Lucky Charms is a kid who is just flat out passionate about life. He never just comes up and hugs you. He starts at the other side of the room with that prize winning grin of his and he barrells across the room at you and wraps his little chubby arms around you with all his might and strength usually almost knocking you over! Let me tell you he is 4.5 and is short for his age but he is built like a little tank. He loves with all his heart and then some, he lives with all his heart and then some, and he is a kid who enjoys life to the fullest. He is super athletic, very strong, very smart and early in everything he does since conception! He tried so hard to come 6 weeks early but I went on bedrest, he can be very stubborn and so he insisted that he push to come early and succeeded coming 4 weeks early, since then he walked for two days and then learned how to run, talked, learns everything early. It is bittersweet sometimes as he is my baby and I want so much to keep him little and he is the one who keeps going like a steam train at full speed. Gotta love that kid!
Finally I will explain what I do and why I came up with this name for my blog.
I am as you know a homeschooling mom, a wife, I live for God and my family. During the day I take care of kids to make some extra cash so I can stay home and teach my little ones and then to help out more (because as you know kids are not cheap and I want them to experience what they can) I do romance parties where I get to go and help other mommies kick up the spice in their romance. It is all tasteful or I would never ever do it. Plus I get to get out of the house, in real grownup clothes (read clothes without poster paint, cheerios, or whatever other science project remains I might have on it) i even put on makeup and I get to go be me and escape the "mommy/wife name tag" for awhile. Don't get me wrong anyone who knows me knows I live for my family, and am loving the whole "june cleaver" persona but heck I bet even June got out for bridge with the ladies once in awhile!
I came up with the name Cherrio Queen one day when I was begrudgingly picking up one more cheerio that got stuck on the table...forget super glue, if you ever want to put something together add some cheerios and milk and let it sit for awhile I guarantee a tornado could not tear it apart... anyway I was frustrated and having one of those "did I really say I wanted kids" days and feeling sorry for myself since I had just polished the table that morning and thought I had it all together and I actually said out loud to myself...so this is my life "the cheerio queen". Just then Honey Nut came in and presented me with a picture she had drawn for me that showed her and me stick figure hand in stick figure hand and it said " mee and the besssttt mommy in the wurld" she had the sweetest proudest smile on her little cherub face and I silently thanked God for reminding me to quit complaining. :)

15 comments:

  1. Hi! I love the name of your blog. I'm stopping by courtesy of the Blog Party. Our fourth (a 5-y-o girl) also has SID, so I can relate. Come by and visit me if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL@ Cherrios and milk getting stuck together!

    Welcome to the party!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, nice to "meet" you!

    Love the description you've given to your children.....Our third one is our "charm" as well!

    Happy party-hopping!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the party!

    Your kids sound adorable! It's so funny because I was just on another blog that a woman has a son with the same disorder as yours. It's a small world I guess.

    Anyway, happy blog partying this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Boggityville! I look forward to following alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

    My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

    PARTY ON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back and welcome to the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. I stopped by because of party blog. I love the name of your blog and the nicknames of your kids - the way you described them. Very humerous. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to say hello from the blog party. Like the name of your site and names for yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Hope you are enjoying the party. There's a book giveaway on my blogsite if you are interested :-) God bless, Becs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I love your blog name too! I'm a homeschooling mom of two daughters, 11 and 8. We used to take Cheerios with us everywhere when my eldest was little!

    I know what you mean about enjoying getting out of the house sometimes! Your romance parties sound like fun; I've been married for 13 and a half years to a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stopping by from the party. Great blog ! Nice to meet you.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallooo!! Just dropping in on the Blog Party Express! I love the names for the kids and the blog. And isn't the middle name JUST for knowing how much in trouble you are? 864 blogs and my carpal tunnels are cranky. Come visit The Estrogen Files sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    I'm here for the party! :)

    I'm a Christian mom to six kids and I also work from home running an online baby boutique as well as some other business ventures.

    Come on by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting for the party. Nice blog. I enjoyed reading your party post about your family!

    Blessings,

    Julie-Anne

    ReplyDelete