Saturday, June 2, 2007

Quick weekend post!


Ok so when is any of my posts ever quick? What can I say I am a talker lol. My dad used to tell me I was the only kid he knew who could get a speeding ticket for talking. haha. Oh well.

I took a couple day break from blogging but am back now. I started today of with giving my grandma a perm. She is such a cool lady. Definitely not your typical "cookie baking" grandma. She is sweet lady with a lot of spunk! She shamelessly flirts with my husband, and also with my dear cousin Lisa's new husband to be...both guys are her "boyfriends" Lisa and I are just sure we will be on Jerry Springer someday crying about how our Grandma stole our husbands lol. She is the grandma with the bright red acrylics but they look great on her, she looks about 15 years younger then she is and she is very beautiful!, she had 3 kids in 3 years and with a quick wit and a sharp tongue all of them turned out well, she loves to play games on the computer, and gets after me if I don't call her every day to check in on her. My kids adore her and to them she is Gigi. She even babysits for them occasionally, and even though she is no spring chicken those kids listen to her and she wears them out! My grandma is actually one of my best friends. totally awesome, I can speak to her in ways, and about topics that most women would not even talk to their own best friends about. She is a great person. I never charge her to do her hair but she insists on paying me and will not take no for an answer either, I learned very young not to ever argue with her.
Anyway after laughing and having a great time with her this morning I went and got my nails done ...hence the pic above..what do you think? I have not had tips on in awhile but hubs said I deserved it now that he is back at work again and we made it through a busy hectic God testing time recently...isn't he sweet? I have the best husband in the world! He is currently out on the golf course with the kids "golf ball hunting" how cool is he?
He went to some neighborhood garage sales this morning while i was doing my grandma's hair and (yes you read that right, hubs picks out great jewelry, and he likes to garage sale how lucky am I?) came home with a karaeoke machine for the kids, he even picked up a couple books for homeschooling that he saw! This is HUGE because he and I went round and round and round again about whether or not to homescool this year because he was not for it and I was , I prayed for a year about that and studied and researched and know that God helped decide..without his help I would never have convinced hubs to agree to let me try. He agreed to support me for a year on it and see then, he said he did not believe in it yet but would agree to a year. His being off work for two months was a blessing in that he got to see what we did the whole time during the day and while I am not sure he is 100% for it he is a lot more open to it now and is seeing the benefits. I convinced him to let me do it next year too. with a lot less coaxing and discussion. lol
Tomorrow we are going to the Mariners game where his company has "suites" for everyone for their summer fling . We are really looking forward to this "date night" it has been a long time.
Well that is about all for now, I apologize for any typos as I am getting used to typing with tips on my fingers again lol.
Hope you all are having a great weekend! I will get back to commenting on more blogs next week!

Take Care!
The Cheerio Queen

1 comment:

  1. Very fancy nails. What a sweet hubby you have. He likes to go to garage sales? Wow, my dream come true. You better hang on to him.

    So nice you have a good relationship with your grandma. All of my grandparents died before I was 5 and I don't really remember any of them. I was always sorry I missed out on that.

    Have a great week!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete