Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dancing with the Stars...

Ok so any of you who have read my blog know that i am a fan of that show. However that being said, and in light of the new cast announcement for the upcoming season, I really think it is time someone speak up about a few flaws on this show. Keep in mind these are only my opinion but since I am a viewer and they expect me to view it then I think they should totally listen lol. First I will put up tthe list of new stars:

Marlee Matlan
Adam Corolla
Cristian de la Fuente
Shannon Elizabeth
Steve Guttenberg
Mario
Penn Jillette
Priscilla Presley
Monica Seles
Jason Taylor
Marissa Jaret Winokur
Kristi Yamaguchi

Ok aside from about 5 of this 12 person cast I dont know who the rest even are. Out of the 5 I know I could care less about a few of them anyway. I thought this was called Dancing with the "STARS"? Shouldn't we know who these people are? That said I will complement them on not having a wafer model in this cast although Shannon Elizabeth is beautiful but she is an actress (ok I bet she started as a model too lol)

One thing I would like to point out, is this show needs to change the voting process so that it is a 60% judges and 40% fans decision instead of 50/50...the reason being? Re watch last season..'nuff said. Sorry Marie Osmond fans..she is a great lady but frankly I thought she made a mockery of the final freestyle and considering she had no business being there in the first place I thought it was tacky. People that were really good last season were voted off probably becasue some people did not know who they were, and also because it was a "who has a bigger fan base" not "who can actually dance" thing. Although I was thrilled that Helio won he actually was good!
Another thing I would change is to get rid of Carrie Ann Inaba...for one thing she picks her favorites the first dance and then drools shamelessly all over whoever she likes the rest of the season, regardless of if they have talent. Remember when she all but hit on poor Emmit Smith? He could dance that was good...but she grossly drooled over him all season that is was irritating.

Last but not least I would love to petition to let the Pro's pick the music they dance too for each Dance instead of whoever else picks it. This way we don't have couples trying to do a paso to music that sounds like a ride at Disneyland. :) Half the problem with the show is the music. NOT THE BAND the band is awesome! But the show sometimes picks lousy songs and the couple dancing has good moves and lots of talent but they look stupid because the music stinks. Speaking of music I wonder how long it will take them to give Priscilla Presley an Elvis song to jive too.

Now that I have picked a part this show and made it sound like I hate it, will I watch it? OF COURSE! Why? Because it is fun to watch even if it can be at rain wreck sometimes! lol.

the cheerio queen

No comments:

Post a Comment