Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Trix!!! ..



Trix turned 7 yesterday! I cannot believe my "baby boy" is a ripe old 7 already. Raising Trix is such a fun and awesome challenge! I am so grateful to the Lord for blessing me with him. I am in awe everyday of how he overcomes challenges, how funny, sweet natured, smart, and loving he is, how much he reminds me of his daddy. It is funny he looks a lot like his Grandpa (my dad) but his personality and habits etc. is just like his Dad. I love that even as he gets bigger he still loves to have his special cuddle time with Mommy. I love that he really really adores his big sister, and little brother. I love watching him get all excited when he watches his veggie tales videos and how he knows every single word the whole dvd lol. I love how he waits every day for his daddy to call home on the radio part of our cell phone just so Trix can run up and say "are you on your way home daddy?" and when hubs says yes he gets excited and jumps up and down and hugs me. I love that he is starting to really know and love God. Nothing is more precious then seeing him pray before meals, or ask God for help on something he is frustrated with. His love for people is darling. His enthusiasm is neverending and so sweet to see.

Yesterday at church we had the Matsiko Children's Choir visit and sing. These children in this choir are all former orphans or at risk children who got a second chance through sponsorships etc. These are HAPPY kids. This littlest one on stage was singing and bouncing with all his little heart and energy and he reminded me very much of Trix. Then when they were done pastor asked our church kids to go up and shake hands with them. I was misty eyed watching little Trix go up and shake everyones hand...a lot of the kids did not see him at first he was kind of behind them but he just kept going around and around until he shook a couple of the kids hands and he was just so excited and you could see it and so could a few people around me. I could hear them saying "look at that cute little boy how excited he is". The choir went back to class with our church kids and I found out later that the choir sang a special version of "Happy Birthday" just for Trix! I am so glad he loved it. (sometimes too much noise can send him into tears)
He talked to me all day about how he got a special birthday song. We took him out to lunch at Red Robin where he got sang to again, and then when we got home Grandpa,Nana, and Gigi called and sang to him again.
His bday party with friends will be next weekend. We do a tradition in our family where the weekend of the birthday we do a family celebration, and then the following weekend is friends. Oh and on the actual birthday the kids each get to go alone with Daddy to the store to pick out their own present. They really look forward to this every year.
So I will end this post by saying: Trix, Daddy and I love you very very much and are both blessed to have the chance and the honor of being your parents! We could not have asked for a better kid, you are bright, sweet, big hearted, loving, and in short amazing! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday to your sweetie!

    It was great to hear from you!
    I like your new blog look, especially the header. ;o)

    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete