Friday, February 29, 2008

random thoughts, update....

So here it is another week went by and I am just now posting again. Oh well I guess my goal of posting every day is not going to happen anytime soon but I will keep trying. lol

Let's see I should update you on my weight loss program. I was doing pretty good until the evil girlscouts hit. I swear they put them through a "cute pagent" and pick only the cutest ones to get out there and sell. I have a sneaky suspicion that they teach them how to shiver and look cold too. I would not be surprised if their little red noses from out in the cold is really blush that has been carefully applied. I have never been able to turn down a cute face and now I have one more evil thing pitted against me. I am a girlscout troop leader in my daughters brownie troop! So not only do I have an adorable little girl selling cookies, but heck our whole dang troop is cute! And of course I am a leader so I would be a horrible leader if I turned down boxes right? I have not gained anything but have not lost much either. oh well I am still working on it. In fact this mornign I was reading one of my favorite blogs http://fiddledeedee.net and she is having a giveaway on her blog if you go and post. Her giveaway is for a skinnysongs cd. Apparently it has even been on Oprah and Martha stewart show, I figured it could not hurt to try it must be good. According to my daughter Justin Timberlake "Sexy back" is just NOT a good choice for me to workout or even worse dance too. I left a comment for Deedee this morning in an attempt to win the cd, explaining how my daughter at the knowedgeable age of 8 is threating to go into the witness protection program if I dare play that or dance to it again. Of course that is also a good way to make sure she gets her chores, and schoolwork done.
I have started wearing ankle weights around my ankles while i am doing housework in an attempt to help my jeans not run and hide from me. I dont' know if it is working yet I have only had them three days but I will let you know later. Although they feel like shackles.

In other news, the kids schoolwork is going great! The kids have hit all their goals for the month of February! Honey Nut loves science and art the most, Trix loves all of it, Lucky Charms is loving reading and science. They all love PE since that means they get to go to the park etc.

Hubs started his new job and so far loves it. He has his own office now so he feels that he is going up in the world after graduating from the dreaded cubicle.

Well that is about it for now, however I will leave you with this...I will be posting later about our soon to be new addition to the family.:)

Have a great day!
The Cheerio Queen

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I linked onto this off of Jess Cagle's blog, plus I think you leave comments on the Engstroms blog occasionally too. Just thought I would say hi since I am christian homeschooling mama too with just about the same profile and interests as you:-) Bless you with your weight loss goals, I have four boys under the age of seven, so I am feeling that!! When you said the weights feel like shackles, it made me think of a song by Mary Mary "Take these shackles off my feet so I can dance..." hehehe maybe that could be your workout song! Jesus bless you

    ReplyDelete