Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!

So today was Honey Nut's 8th birthday. I must say it was bittersweet almost, for one thing she is my only girl, and two she is also my first born child. Why oh why do our precious angels insist on growing up on us? haha.

Honey Nut has always been an easy child. She is the most energetic, spunky, sweet, sensitive, smart, caring, big hearted little girl. She has such a sparkly personality, she loves people, she loves life, and has the most addicting little laugh you will ever hear. As a baby she was so beautiful and had the most curly brown hair just like Shirley Temple...now of course when I tell her this she does her best to make me feel young by asking who in the heck is that? She has a smile that lights up the planet.

Anyone that knows Honey nut knows that she is a fan of horses. She has all her friends trained well. Anytime they attend one of Honey Nut's bday parties each child brings some sort of a horse toy lol. It was no surprise to anyone that she wanted to take Horseback riding lessons. This year she was surprised by Grandpa, Nana, and Gigi (short for Great Grandma) with her very own saddle. Boy was she excited! I honestly think this child was a horse in another life. But as her instructor says..."It is cheaper then rehab" lol

Honey Nut is homeschooled as you know, one thing she has learned this year is we joined a new church and she is really coming to know God and I for one am thrilled. She really seems to have an understanding of him and what he stands for. This was one of the main goals for me this year as a homeschooling parent. In fact the other day we were looking for new dresses for her and she said "Mommy, how come all these dresses in the store or so short? I don't think God wants us dressing so provacatively." yes she really did use that word. I was secretly thrilled that she felt that way. For one thing I could write a whole other post just on the subject of the latest fashions for young girls...but I will not. I will just say that we found some wonderful cute girly dresses that make her look like an actual 8 year old. She is a beautiful girl, she is a Daddy's girl, a Momma's girl, Grandpa's girl (she is the only granddaughter on my side a title she treasures), a Nana's girl...she is an everyone's girl.

Ok this post is getting so sappy. I cannot help it. I am so blessed that God chose Hubs and me to be HoneyNut's parents. It is a big task and one I don't take lightly. But I sure feel priveledged to have her! She is amazing!

Happy Birthday Baby!

Till next time
The cheerio queen

No comments:

Post a Comment