Monday, April 30, 2007

Menu Plan Monday...and a recap..



First I will do a recap of us lately and then I will post the menu...I know I know I am linked to a menu plan blog so I should only be posting my menu lol. If you only care to read that instead of about us go ahead and scroll down. I am just going to type my jibberish first. :)

This weekend was nice! Very relaxing! The Cheerio King (hubs) went to the opening weekend fishing derby here in town late Friday night and did not get home until very early Sat morning and of course since he has not stayed out that late in over 12 years it hit him pretty hard lol. He slept in and I got up with the kids. I took them out to our local pool and took them swimming for an hour or so. I heard from another sensory parent that the water is great for sensory kids because there is resitance and they can kick and splash around ...plus it did something else for my kids..it wore them out!! After that we did an errand or two and got home in time for Hubs famous bbq or as Trix says "Daddy's barbequke" he is so cute!

Sunday we went to church and then over to Grandpa's for awhile and the boys got to hang out in Grandpa's garage which is their favorite place to be.

Today it is back to our schedule and back to schoolwork. Honey Nut and I have been reading Little house the the prairie and she is loving it. When we are done with the first book I will rent the movie for her from Netflix. We are studying pioneers and will also make a lapbook as well. The boys are still working on their Handwriting without Tears unit and doing well with it. I am so excited to be attending my first curriculum fair in June! I have my eye on some different curriculum for next year and this will be the place I can see it first before buying. On a quick note no Hubs is not working yet...however he is keeping the fish population down in our local lakes with our friend and neighbor across the street. But he did have a good phone interview on Friday and then he has an in person interview for a diff company both today and tomorrow so hopefully soon. Thanks for all the prayers we have recieved lately! God has kept us afloat and really protected us through all this. :)

Till next time!

The cheerio queen

Menuplan:

Monday: Chicken Kiev and Twice baked potatoes, green beans

Tuesday: spaghetti pie, salad, garlic bread

Wednesday: crockpot pork roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli

Thursday: bbq pork sandwiches, seasoned fries, carrot sticks

Friday: homemade pizza (family movie night at the Cheerio household)

3 comments:

  1. Water is great sensory input for kids. In more ways than providing resistance. The feel of it, the temperature, the accidental spashing and the unexpected make it great for SID kids. I wish we could do it more often, but have no pool accessible for us. Letting him play in the bathtub is the best we can do right now. Glad you had fun!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great menu, thanks for sharing it with us :)

    Have a great week,

    Rachel xxx
    http://jugglingmum@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete