Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WFMW

This weeks tip is not long because I have a couple daycare kids coming early. Lately things have been hectic with spring break last week and trying to get homeschooling back on track. I will write a post on that later. :)

My tip this week is a simple but extremely useful one. BABY OIL. Keep a bottle on hand at all times. It is usefull for getting markers (permanent sharpies) off little chubby arms that kids want to decorate. It also is helpful for getting crayon off of walls, and my favorite thing about it is that it also gets those "temporary wash off" tattoos off of kids. You know the kind they swear will wash off but neglect to tell you that they will wash off eventually about 4 months and 1200 baths later? As someone recently pointed out in my comments I forgot to add..that it shines stainless steel sinks, and appliances!

Be sure to check out Rocks in my dryer hosted by Shannon for more great tips! http://http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/
Works for me!
The Cheerio Queen

5 comments:

  1. It's also great for keep stainless steel fridges and extractor fans finger print free. Just smear a thin layer on the surface. You'll be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I had no idea it could do all that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use baby oil to squirt on my baby wipes if I have an extremely messy diaper to clean up. Works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips, thank you! I have had some in the closet, but didn't know what for. Now I do. ;)

    Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to know, just in case. It almost makes me wish I still had some baby oil. I stopped keeping it in the house after I saw on Oprah a few years back that young children who swallow baby oil often die. I don't remember the specifics, but somehow it blocks their air passageways so they can't breathe, and often die before help can arrive.

    If you do keep it in the house, you might want to consider keeping it way up high and locked up, as you would with toxic cleaners.

    Thanks for the tip, though. A mom can never have enough "cleaning knowledge", lol.

    ReplyDelete