Friday, April 6, 2007

Yeah a new happy post!



I am joining in on this one as I have been reading it for awhile. Check out http://www.biblicalwomanhood.com/blog.htm for more great frugal ideas!

My tip this week is going to be for freezing food. :) I bet this has already been posted but I am going to post it anyway. Having a family of 5 like myself and also a home daycare I do a lot of cooking and spend a lot on groceries. When I go shopping I always get the lean hamburger in fact I get two of them. One package I cook and add spices etc. and then seperate it into individual bags and freeze...when I need some for soup, nachos, whatever I just bring it out and throw in the microwave to thaw out. It makes cooking a lot easier. The other package I usually put together meatloafs, or hamburger patties and then again freeze and I have them ready. I also like to cook a double or triple batch of whatever casserole or thing I am making for dinner and then freeze the leftovers so that when I get into a hectic evening then I can just take something out and cook it without all the fuss and muss of assembly etc.

I am a homeschooling mom of 3 and have a home daycare so by dinner time I am often tired lol. This saves me a time and money and I am less likely to eat out or order in. It is also healthier.

Hope this helps.

The Cheerio Queen

1 comment:

  1. How do you homeschool and do daycare. Oh my! I go nuts just homeschooling
    own!

    Great tip!

    ReplyDelete