Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Monday. :) a picture and a weekend update!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did. Here is a recap of my weekend.

Saturday is when we spent most of the day celebrating early Mother's Day. It was a chance for us to get out as a family and just hang out together. When you run a home daycare it makes these times so much more special...the kids wake up and ask "Is their daycare kids today Mommy?" I always say nope it is a "mommy daddy day" . We headed out with a mission. Daddy needed a new suit. It was an investment he has been wanting to make for sometime and since he is still interviewing we thought this would be a good one. Clothes really do make the person and the difference when you are commanding a lot higher salary then say a gig at a second rate restaurant (no offense to people who work at restaurants by the way lol). After some searching and speaking with a very nice salesperson , and a little sticker shock we finally picked out a great suit for DH. I told him not only are we investing in a suit for interviews and work but now he will be taking me out to restaurant's on date night that do NOT have a drivethru! :) After that we headed out to the mall to see about hitting some sales because of course we have been suddenly having unusually warm weather a lot earlier this year and the kids have outgrown everything they wore last summer so last week with it being so warm they were pretty cranky because they had to wear pants. Which brings me to my next question and one that may spark a little debate. Hopefully not.

Here goes: Girls....when I was pregnant the first time I was so excited to find out I was having a girl. My dreams of pink, yellow, and lavender bows, and frilly dresses, patent leather shoes etc. were running rampant in my mind. Oh I could think of all the cute outfits she could wear. And since she is my only girl...boy did she! From newborn to size 6x that is. Then when she moved up to size 7 I went into cardiac arrest one day when I took her out shopping for a dress. I noticed this once before when she turned 5 and started kindergarten but there was still more cute clothes then the alternative. The alternative being "hoochie mama" clothes. Explain to me what possible benefits could come from an 8 year old girl wearing something that I as an adult in my mid twenties and single would not wear? What good is it to allow my daughter wear a pair of 24 dollar shorts, that in all reality I could accomplish the same thing with a 5 dollar pack of princess underwear at walmart and in those packs you get at least 6 pairs...they both cover up the same amount of skin. I am not sure what they are charging us for with these clothes...there is hardly any fabric used. one thread is not enough for my daughter who I am trying to raise with some dignity, and taste. The dresses if you can find them are either the fabric consistency of a belly t-shirt, or a flower girl dress (and even those are starting to look a lot sexier), the skirts are short but the salesperson who was about 10 explained to me that it is still tasteful because they have built in shorts underneath. ????? built in shorts underneath? Skirts should not have to require that just to be acceptable. Frankly I don't care of the shorts were sewn onto triple thick tights with shorts...they are still too short! Not only that but the shirts...low cut? What 8 year old had bo&bs that are big enough to pull off that look? Don't get me wrong I know some girls develop very early these days ( a fact my mom brought up at church yesterday when Honeynut was singing and standing next to a girl who was about 9 and she was developing already..I pray for her mom)but there is no need to wear a shirt like that. Call me old fashioned but I miss cute dresses like drop waist dresses, and dresses that went down to *gasp* girls knees? Don't even get me started on the stilettos they are calling dress shoes for girls. ugh. I think I need to get a sewing machine and teach myself how to sew, this way I can make cute dresses that are not necessarily conservative but appropriate.


Lastly and this is a long post I know...yesterday was Mom's day as you all know, we all went to church and Honeynut sang with her leadership team at fellowship time. This was great especially because she tends to get nervous and panic at the last second, so when she did none of that but actually sang where you could here her you can bet I was clapping the loudest in the room for her. :) My Mom came to see her sing and she loved that. I received two treasure boxes from the boys when they were in Sunday school yesterday that they had decorated and put in a little slip of paper that said "I love my mom because" and the teacher filled in their answers. Then Honeynut made me a darling teapot card with a bag of tea in it. :) , and boy did I get a surprise when Hubs gave me my mothers day present from him and the kids...a new digital camera!!! I mean a NICE digital camera! So when you start seeing pics on here that is why. :) Sorry none of them will be of the kids. My blog is public and it is amazing how many weirdos and stalkers, out there. (I just don't want to take a chance lol) In any case the pic of the duck at the top of the page was taken by my new camera!

I finally ended the day with going to pick up hubs new suit which had to be altered and the kids came with me (yes I wanted it that way lol) and as I was driving down the road I noticed it got quiet...I looked behind me in the backseat and all three of my reasons for being a proud proud mommy ...where fast asleep . I thanked God for the many blessings he has given me and said a silent happy mothers day to myself. :)


Hope all your days were great!

The Cheerio Queen

2 comments:

  1. I just had to share that my little boy also gave me a teapot card with a tea bag in it! I thought it was so cute and he made it at preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time with the really revealing clothing for little girls too. We see some of these kids and my first thought -- pardon the language is "slut in training". I hate the pants or shorts that have nasty saying on them like "tasty". Yes, I have seen that here in our little town. It's just terrible.

    There is a whole movement for moms who want more modest clothing. We just have to fight the clothing designers for it.

    ReplyDelete