Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Musings...

Happy Sunday everyone! Of course I am happy..the picture above is what I was doing yesterday! My mom and I went for a "day at the spa" together. We were supposed to do it Mother's Day weekend but they were full so that is ok. we both had gift certifcates so we went together it was in a word AWESOME. Although so I would not feel guilty while indulging in a day there while Hubs was child wrangling...ooops I mean watching the kids lol ...I did deep clean the kitchen.
Honey Nut went with her brownie troop on a horseback trail ride trip that the girls earned after selling so many girlscout cookies this year...they even had enough left over for boots for all the girls...let me tell you I have not gotten Honeynut out of her pink cowgirl boots since she got them.
In any case my mom and I spent a wonderful day at the spa and then afterwards we went out to lunch. I was a little bewildered to find myself coloring on a napkin with a pen because I am so used to helping someone color at resteraunts lol, but otherwise it was a blast! I mean afterall we had massages, facials, manicure, and pedicures. I was so relaxed and in such a good mood when I got home that Hubs is actually considering loosening his wallet a little to make this more then a once in a ten year thing.
I went to sleep at a reasonable time too...thought I would get a good nights sleep..wrong. Trix had the sniffles yesterday and it turned into a full blown cold overnight and Honey Nut was up awake till 4am this morning because she was also stuffy, and not to be outdone Lucky Charms is also stuffy this morning. Of course when I got up at 4am with the other kids I gave them some childrens cherry nyquil so they could breathe and in my sleepwalking did not think about the fact that they were in MY bed when I gave it to them and it is RED and they hate it, and Trix refused to close his mouth after it all went in and he drooled all the medicine out on my sheets and right through to my mattress! So I had to go grab some oxyclean and make a mixture to scrub it out of my mattress before it became permanent. I don't know if you all know or not but it is very hard to put a mattress in the washing machine. go figure.
The kids are missing Sunday School today which upsets them but we promised if they are feeling a little better by afternoon we might still go get them the new sandals they have been begging for. it is an outdoor mall. We were planning on taking them to visit Grandpa and Nana but decided that unlike other family members who shall remain nameless...we don't want to take sick kids or kids with a virus over there and get them sick. It is just rude. I wish the daycare parents I care for would remember that too when they bring their sick kids to daycare lol. So all in all it is a good weekend. I hope you all are having a great weekend. :)

The Cheerio Queen

2 comments:

  1. Bummer on the sick kids. We like the triaminic thin strips for congestion. The kids seem to take those a little better and we always offer a bribe. We call them Yummy Strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my biggest pet peeves is parents that take their kids to daycare sick! It's why there is such a vicious revolving circle of sickness! I second what you said - it is just rude!

    ReplyDelete