Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May Day challenge

Good Morning everyone! I still have not weighed in because like I said last week I always wait at least two weeks before I get on the scale as the first two weeks of any diet are tough for me. I will say however that I am doing good in the working out dept. I have been going tice a week to my water exercise classes (those are the only days in my schedule to get there I would actually like to go 3 days a week) and in between trying to get out in the yard with the kids more. Although this week has been rainy. In any case I told the kids this weekend I would try and go swimming with them to get in that third day. After I get more used to my workout routine again then I will try and add in two days of walking in between those water exercise classes and the day of swimming with the kids. My goal is to at least have some sort of workout 5 days a week. As for eating I am doing better on portion control. I usually have a slimfast for breakfast, and then either a frozen diet dinner for lunch or something I made for lunch but on one of the kids plates. I try and do that at dinner too. my husband thinks I am nuts. lol I want to go on nutrisystem but it is so pricey. I mainly wanted to do nutrisystem to get the initial weight off and then go back to portion control but we will see. :) Either way I know I am losing a little bit of weight because my clothes fit better. My arms don't feel as flabby either. :) I can also wear my pants without them cutting off the circulation in my waist. Oh the little things we call bliss! oh yeah and here is another thing I have done to help myself...I hate water...I do I don't know why I just don't like it ..it is plain and boring to me. so I finally broke down and got some crystal light. they have lots of flavors and I am still getting my water. For me the lemonade, raspberry ice, and strawberry banana are my fav flavors so far.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Have a great week...I will be busy today as Honey Nut has a girlscout meeting tonight and it gets over half an hour before water exercise, I have to literally drop her off in the driveway and get back over to the pool for my workout! I know if I miss one class it just sets me off. Can't wait to see how everyone else is doing! :) Don't forget to check out everyon else's stories at: http://talesfromthescales.net/

The Cheerio Queen

3 comments:

  1. Great plan on waiting for the results for a while. I laughed out loud when you wrote about too-tight pants cutting the circulation off at your waist. Oh, I have been there! Hope you are able to keep up your exercise success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! If your clothes feel better, that is a great sign of progress, so good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are making great progress! Clothes feeling better is definitely a sign of progress. I love just plain water. The flavored stuff just makes me MORE thirsty and doesn't seem to quench my thirst at all.

    My husband and I debated nutrisystem, too but then some of his coworkers gave us a few packets of food to try. Ack! So we just loaded up on Lean Cuisine dinners, fresh veggies and fruit and stuff like that and they have MUCH better tasting dinners. My husband (the beast) has dropped over 70 pounds since September and he doesn't do a SINGLE MINUTE of exercising. He has an arthritic hip, so is in pain a lot but we do take ballroom dance lessons. Anyway, I've been working out for a couple years and trying to make healthy choices and have SLOWLY lost 23 pounds so yeah, I hate him!!! ;-) JK It's men that I hate for pounds just slipping off of them. Pooh.

    But we WILL get there! :-D

    ReplyDelete