Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tales from the scales...


Hello everyone,
Just checking in on my weight loss challenge. I am not sure I lost any weight this week because I did not weigh in yet. The reason being, the first two weeks I don't like to check the scales. I like to focus on eating healthier and starting and exercise program. :) You can read down below about my choice in water exercise and how that first class went. I am eating much better. I picked up slimfast again for breakfast. Hey it works for me, I also usually either eat whole wheat pasta for lunch, or whatever frozen diet dinner is on sale this week..usually weight watchers. The reason I chose these is because I am super busy during the day and am more likely to stick to healthier eating if I don't have to think ahead and pre cook something, or get to where I am hungry and then start looking in the cabinets and hoping I don't find something that is not so good for me. This is tough for someone who is still praying every day that they declare chocolate a food group of its own. *blush* I do try and use portion control any other time except for when we went out for lunch the other day to celebrate mothers day and we stopped by claim jumpers and I had to have the cheeseburger so I did not dissappoint the kids who were "taking mom out". If you don't know their cheeseburgers are not exactly the same size as the 99 cent ones at mcdonalds. They are HUGE. To my defense though I was not able to eat all of that or all of the fries and decided to take them home for later ...waste not want not you know. But when we got home and I went to have it for dinner later...the kids had eaten it, ok so I was not so thrilled but at least it helped keep me on the right track. I will go to water exercise again tonight. I do have a quick tip for portion control though, I know a lot of people use kids plates for dinner because they are sectioned off , but I use the left over cleaned out containers that the frozen diet meals come in! Hey who knew they are not just good for holding finger paint?
Good luck to everyone who is posting today! I hope everyone has a success story! and if you don't that is ok we are still with you anyway! I do feel a lot better today then I did last posting day. :)
Be sure to check out the May Day Weight loss challenge over at :http://talesfromthescales.net/
Till Next Time!
The Cheerio Queen

3 comments:

  1. it sounds like you are on the right track. This time of year target sells really pretty plastic / melamine plates. I buy the salad plate size and use those as my regular plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl! "Southbeach" has some really good frozen dinners. And the price isn't bad at Wal Mart.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! And I think making your kids happy is more important than not eating a cheeseburger! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete