Tuesday, May 29, 2007

weight loss challenge



Ok so this week I did work out faithfully but was not so faithful with the calories. I did fine until the weekend and it was hubs last long weekend before he goes back to work at his new job. by the way thanks again for all who prayed for us and I know it was a lot of you. :) Anyway so I fell off the calorie wagon this weekend and again refused to weigh myself because of two reasons, one I have an extra visitor this week (ewww tmi I know)and two I just was not in the mood to hear the scale laugh at me today when I stepped on, nor did I want to hear it shout "what are you kidding me? BWAHHHAHAAA" So I skipped it. I know my pants are a little more snug this week and I only have myself to blame for that. But as they once said at a WW meeting "you did not get fat in one day" so your not going to take it off in one day either. I will however say I totally enjoyed the breakfast buffet brunch that we took my Grandma too on Saturday it is a seafood brunch at a 4 star restaurant that we go to maybe once a year. We had a blast and the italian jewish guy that cooked the pasta for me (which in itself blew my whole calorie counting thing) was so funny...just to listen to that guy talk he was hilarious and he makes a killer pasta out of white whine and pesto sauce. I am not doing weight watchers but if I was I bet that pasta dish blew about 4 weeks of points right there lol. I will however say the one thing I did do right this week and weekend was I drank a lot of water instead of pop. I am proud of myself for that because I *HATE* water. I would rather drink something else anyday it is too plain for me but I am forcing myself to drink it anyway. In fact we took the kids to see Shrek III this weekend and I did NOT order popcorn or candy and when I did get something to drink it was water. I didn't even complain when the water bottle I bought was $4.75! But oh well. I also today am feeling gross and yucky because I did not watch the calories or sugars I had this weekend and now my body is paying for it...okay lesson learned. :) I know we all fall off the wagon it is how you handle falling off that counts though. :)

I have been reading a book called eat healthy, stay healthy for kids. I am slowly tinkering with the kids diet especially Trix's with his sensory issues. The main reason is I am working with different foods to see if I can help some of his meltdowns a bit and see what else I can do . I also want our whole family together to get healthy. Even though I have joined this weight loss challenge I really want to focus more on eating and staying healthy. A wakeup call for me as to my attitude towards it is when recently my 8 year old daughter asked me if I thought she had gained weight or if she looked slim or fat in her pants. Please the kid is a stick. ok maybe not a stick but she is thin and built a lot like I was at that age. I also do not weight myself in front of her because she saw me get on the scales once and then for two weeks she obsessively got on the scales and fretted if she was one pound heavier. I always tell her " Honey Nut your perfectly healthy and weight exactly what you should for your age". So I think the key to my own weight loss is going to be more about everyone getting healthy and staying healthy rather then "losing weight". The weight will come off eventually. That is part of the reason I keep putting off my step on the scale, however I will get on the scale next week. So far I have been using the "do my pants fit method" Hey did you know that when you put on your pants your not supposed to huff and puff like a smoker who just ran a block? (no offense to smokers by the way) We just got one of those water coolers for the house and the kids love it and so do I...they are more likely going to go to that nifty thing that puts out water, then beg mom for a juice box or milk even. I am slowly cutting out sugar from their diets albeight slowly because they will go into cardiac arrest if I do it all at once and the plan will fail. :) I read that book because the author is a public school principal who worried when she got into her new school and realized how many overweight kids there was and how many discipline problems she had to deal with before 10am every day. She made her school a sugar free school and even got the bus drivers and parents to help at home etc. within a month she noticed a huge percentage drop in discipline issues, higher test scores, and happier kids. Who by the way she realized really did not care about the no sugar treats at class parties. They wanted their parents to come spend the day with them on their bday rather then bring in a bunch of suagry cupcakes etc. Pretty amazing isn't it? Ok well this "quick post" turned into a novel. Good luck to all who are particpating in the mayday challenge this week. and CONGRATS to those who have lost. I love to post on everyones blog but I don't have time. :)

The Cheerio Queen!

4 comments:

  1. With your beautiful attitude, you will be successful dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like you are making some really great and healthy changes. Don't worry about the scale - it will catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your goal of getting healthy is excellent. You're right. If your focus in on health you will lost it as the time goes by. I am glad to be able to stop by, I hope that you keep on with the challenge even if you skip the weigh ins, I like seeing familiar faces on the Tales site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting healthy is so much more important than the scale!

    Sugar free school - what a fantastic idea! ;-)

    ReplyDelete